Seniors reflect as high school nears its end

Audrey DaVault, Layout Editor

As the school year gets closer to the end, seniors reflect on their careers at school. Senior Eleanor VanHorn said she wishes she would have tried another sport, but she said she is very grateful for the impact she made on the school’s volleyball team.

“I wish I would have tried out a different sport just for fun. I earned sportswoman of the year and was voted captain for the volleyball season, both I wasn’t at all expecting,” VanHorn said.

Senior Danielle McCrady said she wants to ensure the step team will continue to improve.

So much of our high school experience was lost to quarantine and Zoom classes so once we came back there was so much to try. Even if you don’t enjoy it, there is so much to learn from everything

— Senior Trishna Condoor

“I’ve always wanted to join the swim team. I [also] want to make sure our step team will continue to leave a legacy. [Looking back,] I would tell my freshman self to lock in and stay focused, as well as have fun [all] at the same time,” McCrady said.

Senior Trishna Condoor said she is looking to reconnect with old friends before she leaves, but said she is extremely proud of what she and the school’s band has accomplished.

“I am looking forward most to graduation. I’ve always been excited about it since I was a kid and saw my siblings graduate! [Although], before I graduate I want to reconnect with old friends! Since this is the last time we would see each other, I think it would be fun to talk with childhood friends before we leave for good. [I am so proud of] everything I’ve done with [the school’s] band. The last two years our percussion ensemble went to two different music festivals and to hear all our hard work in the concerts was amazing,” Condoor said.

Senior Jack Jones said he is excited about the future as well as starting a new chapter in his life.

“[I am] enjoying the time I have left as I worked hard the last four years. Also looking forward to finally graduating and moving on,” Jones said.

Senior Johnny Eichkorn said he realized to be more adventurous, no matter the outcome.

“Don’t be afraid to take risks because the memories will be remembered more than the regrets,” Eichkorn said.

Senior Shanmukh Cherukumilli said he realized how fast time goes and would want his freshman self to enjoy more of the experiences.

“[I would say to] try to be in the moment as much as possible because these four years move by quickly,¨ Cherkumulli said.

Senior Trinity Marshall said she is awaiting her elementary school parade.

“I am looking forward to prom, as well as walking through the halls of my elementary school. [I am proud of myself for] finishing school early. [Before I graduate] I want to get a car and start a business. [I would tell my freshman self] to always be respectful to everyone and spread love everywhere you go,” Marshall said.

Condoor said after experiencing the Coronavirus pandemic, she would want her younger self to try new things.

“I would tell my freshman self to not be afraid to try new things. It definitely is a cliche, but it’s so true. Especially with Covid, so much of our high school experience was lost to quarantine and Zoom classes so once we came back there was so much to try. Even if you don’t enjoy it, there is so much to learn from everything,” Condoor said.