Senior Assassin
Kamryn Samlalsingh, Associate Editor • April 24, 2024
The Rockwood School District Choirs pose for a photo at the center of Times Square in New York City.
Rockwood choirs tackle The Big Apple
Julia Worley, Website Editor • April 23, 2024
Social Studies teacher takes on PE department
Brice Davis, Of the Talon staff • April 23, 2024
Shooting threats made to district high schools
Mary Corkery, Editor-In-Chief • April 23, 2024
In the theater, Javier Mendoza points to the crowd of students attending his concert. The concert took place on April 5.
Father-son duo comes back to rock Summit
Emery Gregston, Sports Editor • April 19, 2024

French students participate in a week of activities

Starting on February 20th the French classes experienced an exciting week of activities. 

The class began the week with a painting class from retired librarian Elaine McKenna. She led the French 4 class in painting a copy of the “Olive Trees” by Vincent Van Gogh. 

Junior Addison White said she was a little stressed throughout the process but thought everyone’s paintings looked good in the end. 

“It kind of stressed me out because I’m a perfectionist but overall it looked better than I expected and I think everyones turned out really well,” White said. 

Junior Tatum Winkler said she liked doing it and she found it relaxing.

“I really enjoyed doing the Van Gogh painting. I felt like it was very calming and people got really into it,” Winkler said. 

The French 2 classes participated in a yoga class by following a video for the class’s wellness unit. Freshmen Reilly Lechner said the class gathered in the Aerobics room to start their yoga session

“We all stood around the aerobics room and turned off most of the lights. We watched a video that we followed to work on our balance, our strength, and thinking about our breathing,” Lechner said.

The yoga was in honor of the class’s mental health unit. French Teacher Michelle Bunyard said it helped the students relieve stress. 

“We are in the middle of a healthy living unit so we are talking about how to lead a healthy life. One of the things that we focus on is stress, identifying causes of stress for students, and ways to relieve stress. So yoga was one of the methods of relieving stress that came up,” Bunyard said.

The French 4 and 5 classes traveled to the Saint Louis Art Museum and Saint Louis Creperie on Friday. The day started with a short tour in French of the museum, a painting presentation from the French 5 students, and free time to roam the museum. Then, they traveled to Clayton for lunch at the Saint Louis Creperie. 

The museum’s Egyptian exhibit, White said, was her favorite part of the museum. 

“I liked the Egyptian stuff we got to explore when we were on our own. There were mummies in tombs that were really cool,” White said. 

Winkler said her favorite part of the field trip was going to the Creperie. 

“My favorite part of the field trip was the Creperie because I have never been and it was really good,” Winkler said. 

Some of the French students will be traveling to Europe over spring break.