The Student News Site of Rockwood Summit High School

Poll

Which schedule do you prefer?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The systematic abuse of children
Skylar Holtgrewe, News Editor • May 17, 2024
Read Story
The Sun sets on Senior Year
Emery Gregston, Sports Editor • May 15, 2024
Read Story
Freshman Maddeson Chonech attempts to divert the ball from Lauren Shuert (17) of Marquette. The girls lost to Marquette 2-0 on April 22 and went on to defeat Fort Zumwalt
South.
Girls soccer takes down Bulldogs
Abby Glenn, Social Media Editor • May 3, 2024
Read Story
Posing with their medals, FBLA celebrates their victories at
districts. The District Leadership Conference took place on Feb. 7
at St. Louis University. (photo used with permission by Laurie Philipp)
FBLA performs well at district competition
Sonya Phillips, Business Manager • May 3, 2024
Read Story
Staff members say goodbye to Summit
Mariam Sedeiqi May 3, 2024
Read Story

Girls soccer takes down Bulldogs

Abby Glenn
Freshman Maddeson Chonech attempts to divert the ball from Lauren Shuert (17) of Marquette. The girls lost to Marquette 2-0 on April 22 and went on to defeat Fort Zumwalt South.

The varsity girls soccer team won against the Fort Zumwalt South Bulldogs in penalty kicks (PKs) on April 25. The team played a total of 100 minutes between two regular 40-minute halves and two 10-minute overtimes. The game concluded with a 1-1 draw before beginning penalty kicks.Senior Kamryn Beaton said going into the game they expected it to be a tough game but overall were happy with the outcome. “Prior to the game, we knew it was going to be a challenge. Fort Zumwalt South has always been a tough competitor, but overall we did very well,” Beaton said.Playing a tough-fought game head coach, Eric Hill said the team put their best foot forward during the game and in PKs, and with their goalie, they had an advantage.“With our goalkeeping, going into PK’s was in our advantage. We were trying to win during the game but the closer it got to PK’s, we knew it would go our way,” Hill said.Seniors Katie Jundt, Claire McCarthy, junior Madison Brown, and freshmen Maddeson Chonech and Anna Schneiders were the five who took the PKs for Summit. The Bulldogs missed two of the five PKs and Summit missed one before getting to their fifth. To win the game, it came down to Schneiders who took hers last and made it. Schneiders said it was nerve-wracking but she was excited she made it.“It felt really good to make it, but I was nervous going into it,” Schneiders said.