The Student News Site of Rockwood Summit High School

Poll

Which schedule do you prefer?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Senior Assassin
Kamryn Samlalsingh, Associate Editor • April 24, 2024
Read Story
The Rockwood School District Choirs pose for a photo at the center of Times Square in New York City.
Rockwood choirs tackle The Big Apple
Julia Worley, Website Editor • April 23, 2024
Read Story
Social Studies teacher takes on PE department
Brice Davis, Of the Talon staff • April 23, 2024
Read Story
Shooting threats made to district high schools
Mary Corkery, Editor-In-Chief • April 23, 2024
Read Story
In the theater, Javier Mendoza points to the crowd of students attending his concert. The concert took place on April 5.
Father-son duo comes back to rock Summit
Emery Gregston, Sports Editor • April 19, 2024
Read Story

Seniors receive Glory of Missouri award

The Glory of Missouri Award highlights fourteen high school seniors who represent the values of Missouri.

Students are nominated by teachers and then decided collectively by staff. The 14 Rockwood Summit seniors selected for 2024 were Michelle Serrano (Knowledge), Mara Grasso (Liberty), Zach Hardee (Equality), Savannah Hughes (Law), Arun Halder (Justice), Zach Wyatt (Fraternity), Jillian Brennecke (Education), Sam Luechtefeld (Progress), Katie Jundt (Honor), Lola Wiedemann (Truth), Mia Brown (Virtue), Jenna Elmore (Temperance), Farouk Ahmad (Enterprise), and Ryan Kline (Charity). The recipients received their award during a ceremony at Jefferson City on Feb. 26th. 

The recipients were sent to Senior Principal Josten Oglesby’s office where he told them they had received the award. Senior Jenna Elmore said she was surprised and didn’t know what was going on.

“I got called into Oglesby’s office and I usually don’t get called into his office but when I got there I kind of knew something was up,” Elmore said. 

Senior Mara Grasso said she was taken off guard by receiving the award. 

“I was pretty surprised because I don’t think I’ve ever received something like that before,” Grasso said.

Grasso feels all the award recipients are committed to their school.

“I think everyone is a very hard worker that puts forth the most effort that they can by going above and beyond,” Grasso said. 

The recipients are all nice people, Elmore said, who are always respectful in class. 

“I think we all are kind and respectful. It was students who never disrespected teachers or students no matter if [students] were different from them or if they didn’t like them. We all give and spread kindness and I thought that was really cool,” Elmore said. 

Senior Ryan Kline said the award he received was accurate for him.

“I had the honor of receiving the Glory of Missouri for charity which I feel really fits me,” Kline said.

Elmore said receiving the award was a long-term dream since middle school.

“I was honored because when they did it in 8th grade I told myself ‘I just have to try and get one in high school,’” Elmore said.