Senior Assassin
Kamryn Samlalsingh, Associate Editor • April 24, 2024
The Rockwood School District Choirs pose for a photo at the center of Times Square in New York City.
Rockwood choirs tackle The Big Apple
Julia Worley, Website Editor • April 23, 2024
Social Studies teacher takes on PE department
Brice Davis, Of the Talon staff • April 23, 2024
Shooting threats made to district high schools
Mary Corkery, Editor-In-Chief • April 23, 2024
In the theater, Javier Mendoza points to the crowd of students attending his concert. The concert took place on April 5.
Father-son duo comes back to rock Summit
Emery Gregston, Sports Editor • April 19, 2024

Falcons fall to Wildcats in District final

Just+minutes+into+the+game+senior+Coen+Haynes+%285%29+sacks+Eureka+quarterback+Casey+Hobelman+%287%29.+It+was+a+pretty+big+play.+I+was+really+just+excited%2C+Haynes+said.+
Kamryn Samlalsingh
Just minutes into the game senior Coen Haynes (5) sacks Eureka quarterback Casey Hobelman (7). “It was a pretty big play. I was really just excited,” Haynes said.

With a record of 10-1, the football team had its final game of the season on Nov 10th against Eureka. 

Head coach Eric Stewart said the team played well but that the team should have focused more on the bigger picture.

“[We need to] learn how to prepare to not play the moment but to play for the game because I think we got a little bit big eyed thinking that this game was more important than others. I think it’s not on field stuff we need to change, it’s how we deal with adversity and [how we] respond to when things are not going the greatest,” Stewart said. 

Despite the hardships of the final game, Stewart said he is proud of the team’s season.

“I think we did a lot of things really well. We went 10-1 and I look back on that very fondly. We had a lot of fun. We were one of the better teams in the state. That’s what I look back at,  I don’t base it all on one game,” Stewart said.

Stewart said the team stayed strong up until the end and did their best to put up a fight against Eureka, but their attempts weren’t quite enough.

“I think we came out in the second half and played pretty well until late in the fourth. We had it within four points. We made the field goal and I felt pretty confident at that point. I thought we were gonna get the ball back and go down to the finish but unfortunately it didn’t end up working out that way,” Stewart said.

With a half time score of 21-7, senior linebacker Coen Haynes said he tried to stay optimistic, and thought the team had what it would take to beat the Wildcats.

“I was energized. I thought we still had a chance, so I was just going to go out there and do my best and try to bring the team up with me,” Haynes said. 

Not only in this game, but throughout the season, he said his teammates stuck it out through the times that were not so easy. 

“I thought we did a good job staying positive throughout the rough parts of the season. Anytime we were down, we were always able to lift eachother up and keep playing,” Haynes said.