At their Japan table, sophmore Hiroki Fingerhut and his sister Amane, a seventh grader at Rockwood South Middle School, teach kids how to create origami at the fair. Intercultural night took place at RSMS on May 1.
Fenton hosts 2nd Intercultural Night
Mariam Sedeiqi, Talon Staff • May 3, 2024
Music department receives the Support Music Merit Award
Johanna Kruyne, of Talon Staff • May 3, 2024
Singing along to Tomorrow from the musical Annie, freshman Becca Wirthlin performs in Scenes From Seasons Past. The show took place on April 26 and 27.
Falcon Players commemorate their history with Scenes from Seasons Past
Mary Corkery, Editor-in-Chief • May 3, 2024
With a baton in hand, senior Ali Sandler strides forward ahead of Kendra Jennings of Cahokia. The 4x100m relay placed fourth at the Siebert Finch Invitational on April 13.
Track takes on Siebert-Finch
Sonya Phillips, Business Manager • May 3, 2024
Library receives DESE Exemplary School Library Program award

New and Improved: The 2024 Cardinals

After the 2023 season of the Cardinals, many fans were extremely upset with manager Oliver Marmol. Most St. Louisans believe that after the tragedy of last season, Marmol should not be coming back for another year. But, the board did not agree with the fans, signing Marmol for another two year contract on March 15. After the Tweet was released by the Cardinals, hundreds of fans commented that the decision was “ridiculous,” even going as far to say, “I’m starting to hate you guys…”
Despite these frustrations, the thousands of Redbirds fans hoping for a better season might just get their wish. So far, the Cards are 10-14, and with rookie pickups Masyn Winn and Victor Scott II rising from the Memphis Redbirds and the Springfield Cardinals respectively. Scott, the lefty from Atlanta, proved his game was sound in the minors, receiving the 2023 Rawlings Minor League Baseball (MiLB) Gold Glove for the Springfield Cardinals.
The Redbirds also picked up a few players that have been bouncing around the league for a few years, but are looking for a brighter future with the boys in red and white. Marmol and the board picked up three promising pitchers from around the league: Lance Lynn, Kyle Gibson, and Sonny Gray will have the birds on the bat this season.
After playing for the Los Angeles Dodgers for a year, Lynn came back to the fans of St. Louis. Lynn played for the Cardinals in the 2011-2017 seasons, winning the 2011 World Series with the Redbirds. Kyle “Gibby” Gibson holds heart with a multitude of St. Louisans, being drafted to the Minnesota Twins after playing for the Mizzou Tigers out of high school. Gibson was drafted straight out of high school to the Cardinals’ second series opponent, the Philadelphia Phillies. Finally, Sonny Gray may be the most promising pitcher for the 2024 Redbirds, having an exemplary performance against the Oakland Athletics. Gray pitched for six innings, striking out six batters and holding the A’s to a dry spell of zero runs.
While I don’t believe that these players will carry the Birds to their 12th World title, they might be able to fill a few more seats in Busch.