From left to right, seniors Grant Uelsmann, Sam Bellamy, Austin Conger, and Reece Futcher of Lindbergh High School dance the night away at Prom.
A new version of Prom
Raghed Hadi, Photo Editor • May 3, 2024
At their Japan table, sophmore Hiroki Fingerhut and his sister Amane, a seventh grader at Rockwood South Middle School, teach kids how to create origami at the fair. Intercultural night took place at RSMS on May 1.
Fenton hosts 2nd Intercultural Night
Mariam Sedeiqi, Talon Staff • May 3, 2024
Music department receives the Support Music Merit Award
Johanna Kruyne, of Talon Staff • May 3, 2024
Singing along to Tomorrow from the musical Annie, freshman Becca Wirthlin performs in Scenes From Seasons Past. The show took place on April 26 and 27.
Falcon Players commemorate their history with Scenes from Seasons Past
Mary Corkery, Editor-in-Chief • May 3, 2024
With a baton in hand, senior Ali Sandler strides forward ahead of Kendra Jennings of Cahokia. The 4x100m relay placed fourth at the Siebert Finch Invitational on April 13.
Track takes on Siebert-Finch
Sonya Phillips, Business Manager • May 3, 2024

White coat ceremony honors dedicated PLTW students

At+the+coat+ceremony+seniors+Katie+Jundt+and+Claire+McCarthy+award+science+teacher+Laura+Ney+with+a+PLTW+lab+coat.+Ney+received+a+coat+for+this+being+her+third+year+as+a+teacher+to+signify+all+of+the+hard+work+she+has+put+in.+
(photo by Suham Alhamad)
At the coat ceremony seniors Katie Jundt and Claire McCarthy award science teacher Laura Ney with a PLTW lab coat. Ney received a coat for this being her third year as a teacher to signify all of the hard work she has put in.

The PLTW (Project Lead The Way) Lab Coat Ceremony is held yearly to reward students in the program for three years, this year it was held on April 26.  They receive a lab coat with their name embroidered on it. 

The significance of the lab coat is to reward students in the PLTW program for three years, said Laura Ney.

The lab coat ceremony is to honor the hard work and dedication of the PLTW  Biomed students as well as their commitment to the PLTW program at Summit. It is given at the end of their third year in the program and is meant to remind them of where their interest in the medical field started since many of these students will go on to study medicine,” Ney said. 

Having a lab coat signifies that you’ve done three years in PLTW and pushing through the hardships of the program.

“It signifies you’ve done three years of the program. The classes aren’t easy, you have to do a lot of memorization and lab work. You go through work quickly, It’s something you earn. A lot of kids are going to medical professions that require a lab coat, so it’s nice they receive a lab coat,” Ney said. 

Future lab coat receivers should stay motivated to continue in the classes, though it’s hard. 

“Keep persevering through the classes even if it gets hard. Keep going because it will be worth it in the end,” Ney said. 

Jack Dooley felt appreciated for his hard work by receiving a lab coat.

“It felt good [to receive the lab coat]. It’s a lot of work. It’s nice to have something to get out of it,” Dooley said. 

Similarly, Sarah Lauck felt acknowledged receiving a PLTW lab coat

‘I thought it was exciting. I’ve been in the class for three years. It signified my hard work,” Lauck said. 

Lauck wants to pursue a career in the medical field.

“I want to be a physician assistant and work in orthopedics,” Lauck said. 

The PLTW classes give people basic information helping people pursue a career in the medical field.

“The classes help with background information, years in the program really help,” Dooley said. 

“It brightens my knowledge on the medical field and different careers,” Lauck said. 

The PLTW program helped Madeline Crossen choose her career path. 

“I want to be a Pharmacist to provide people with their needed medication.