Everyday students run to their cars at 3:17 in hopes of getting home before the parking lot traffic. Junior Tejus Krishnan sprints to his car amongst other students.
Summit's parking lot epidemic
Raghed Hadi, Photo Editor • April 3, 2024
Silver Stars Takes Fifth at Nationals
Silver Stars Takes Fifth at Nationals
Johanna Kruyne, of Talon Staff • April 3, 2024
Club highlights
Club highlights
Suham Alhamad, Emery Gregston, and Abby GlennApril 3, 2024
Malt shop opens for the 2024 season
Abby Glenn, Of The Talon staff • April 3, 2024
Before their competition, the cheerleading team pose near the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The Falcons competed at their first-ever National competition on Feb. 10.
Cheer takes on Nationals for the first time
Brice Davis, Of The Talon staff • April 3, 2024

Boys Swim and Dive defeats Parkway North

The Boys Swim and Dive team got their first big win against Parkway North on Sept. 29, winning 101-65. 

Swim and Dive coach Lucas Benson said that he thought the team performed very well at the meet.

“Parkway North always competes well. This season, however, we added some depth among the various events to win,” Benson said.

Senior Jacob Oetjen got first place in the 500 freestyle, 200 medley relay, 400 freestyle relay, and second place in the 200 individual medley. He said he thought the team showed improvement. 

“It felt pretty good [to beat Parkway North], especially since we lost to them last year,” Oetjen said.

The team has already faced many challenges this season. Despite facing a two week delay to the start of the season, no spectators allowed, questions as to whether they would have competition, and changing rules and procedures, Benson said that he believes the team is doing very well overall.

“We have 11 individual State consideration times, and three relay consideration times. I’m not sure how the State competition will look this year, but it is exciting to have this many consideration times so early in the season,” Benson said. 

Oetjen said he is very excited to see the team continue their winning trend throughout the rest of the season.

“I think we have a very strong team this year and we’ve improved a lot since the start of the season. We have a number of guys getting [their] best times every meet we have,” Oetjen said. 

Benson said he is really proud of the work the team has put in this year considering all the hurdles they’ve had to endure already.

“They have persevered through all of it and are showing signs of their success,” Benson said.